Sabbatical Leave Scheme 2023 Registration:- In line with the trend of introducing beneficial schemes for government employees, several Indian state governments have initiated programs to support their workforce. Following suit, the Sikkim State Government has introduced the Sabbatical Leave Scheme 2023 for its regular employees. This scheme enables eligible employees to avail a three-year leave period without jeopardizing their employment status.
For a comprehensive understanding of the scheme’s specifics, you’ve come to the right place. This article encompasses all the essential information regarding the Sabbatical Leave Scheme. Let’s delve into the comprehensive details of this scheme.
Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Scheme 2023 Details
The Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Scheme was introduced around the 77th Independence Day of India. This initiative empowers regular government employees to avail extended leaves, ranging from 365 days to 1080 days, equivalent to 1 to 3 years. The scheme is designed to enable employees to pursue further studies, venture into new business endeavors, or engage in personal aspirations without the fear of losing their government employment.
The Sikkim State Government acknowledges that this scheme addresses the constraints of service rules that have hindered employees from pursuing their individual aspirations. Additionally, the government provides a notable benefit by offering 50% of the employee’s salary during the leave period. This innovative scheme is anticipated to be highly advantageous, fostering personal growth and empowerment among government employees.
Quick Look – Sabbatical Leave Yojana
|Scheme Name||Sabbatical Leave Scheme|
|Announced By||Sikkim State Government|
|Announced On||14th August, 2023|
|Objective||Provide Sabbatical Leave to the Government Employees|
|Beneficiaries||Regular Employees of the State Government|
|Sabbatical Leave Time Period||365 to 1080 Days|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Scheme Objective
The primary goal of introducing the Sabbatical Leave Scheme is to offer regular employees the chance to take sabbatical leaves, enabling them to pursue personal interests such as further education, initiating new business ventures, and more. This initiative is highly advantageous as it relieves employees of concerns about their government job status while granting them the added benefit of receiving 50% of their salary during the leave period. By facilitating these opportunities, the scheme encourages personal growth and diverse experiences among government employees.
Benefits and Features of Sikkim Government Employees Leave Scheme
- The scheme offers employees a chance to explore new livelihood avenues, expanding their career prospects.
- Sikkim Sabbatical Leave Scheme aids employees in managing family and societal responsibilities effectively.
- Sikkim State Government employees can embark on new business ventures while retaining their government positions.
- The scheme ensures employees’ government job security even during their sabbatical leave tenure.
- While on leave, employees receive 50% of their salary, providing financial stability.
- Employees can avail sabbatical leave ranging from 1 to 3 years under the scheme.
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme encourages personal development, fostering diverse experiences and skill enhancement among employees.
- The scheme empowers employees to pursue further studies and career growth opportunities without career setbacks.
- By offering such flexibility, the scheme promotes employee motivation and overall well-being.
- This initiative contributes positively to society by nurturing skilled individuals who can make meaningful contributions in various fields.
Sabbatical Leave Scheme Eligibility
- State Government employees with regular employment status are eligible.
- Employees should have completed a minimum of 5 years of service.
- Members of the All India Service are not eligible for this scheme.
- Individuals serving the state government through central government deputation, centrally sponsored scheme employees, PSU and Board employees of other state governments are not covered.
- Those facing department inquiries, vigilance cases, or under suspension are ineligible. Eligibility can be considered once such cases are resolved.
- Individuals with pending inquiries or suspensions become eligible for the Sabbatical Leave Scheme after their cases are resolved.
- These eligibility criteria ensure that the scheme benefits regular employees with a history of stable service and excludes those in specific circumstances that might hinder their eligibility.
Necessary Documents for Sabbatical Leave Scheme
- A valid identity proof, such as Aadhar card, passport, or driver’s license, is required for verification.
- Providing your official employee identification is necessary to establish your employment status.
- If you have taken a loan against your salary, relevant loan documents might be needed to assess your eligibility for the scheme.
- A functional mobile number is crucial for communication and updates regarding the scheme.
- An active email address is required for official correspondence related to the scheme.
- A recent passport-sized photograph is needed for identification and documentation.
- These documents are essential to validate your eligibility and process your application under the Sabbatical Leave Scheme.
Applying for Sabbatical Leave in Sikkim
- Employees interested in availing the benefits of the Sabbatical Leave Scheme should draft an application using the prescribed format. This application should outline the original reasons for seeking the sabbatical leave.
- Submit the completed application to your department head. This is the first step in the application process.
- The application will be reviewed by the department head. If approved, it will be forwarded to the higher department for further consideration.
- The application will be reviewed at the higher department level. Once it receives approval, you are deemed eligible to take a sabbatical leave under the scheme.
- By following these steps and adhering to the prescribed application process, employees can apply for and potentially receive approval for Sabbatical Leave in Sikkim.