The Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana introduced by the Maharashtra government is a groundbreaking scheme with a clear vision—to provide every farmer in the state with a reliable and sustainable source of water. With the pressing need to combat water scarcity and empower agricultural communities, this visionary initiative aims to transform the agricultural landscape by offering financial assistance to eligible farmers for the construction of ponds on their farmlands. By doing so, the scheme seeks to enhance irrigation capabilities, boost agricultural productivity and foster economic growth in rural areas. With an inclusive approach the program strives to uplift farmers of all socio-economic backgrounds and land sizes making water conservation and efficient resource management a reality for the entire farming community.
This introduction will explore the key highlights, objectives, features, and benefits of the Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme along with the eligibility criteria and application process, shedding light on its potential to revolutionize farming practices and improve livelihoods across Maharashtra.
Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana 2023
The Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana 2023, launched by the Maharashtra State Government, is a forward-thinking initiative that aims to bolster agricultural prosperity by offering a subsidy of Rs. 50,000 to farmers for constructing ponds on their farmlands. With a budget of Rs. 204 crores, the scheme envisions the creation of about 51,369 farm ponds, providing farmers with a reliable water source for irrigation. By implementing geo-tagging, the government ensures efficient tracking of pond construction progress.
The overwhelming response, with 2,83,620 applications already submitted, demonstrates the scheme’s potential to transform the lives of farmers and revolutionize water conservation practices across the state. To participate, interested applicants can easily apply through the official website, signaling the government’s commitment to technological inclusivity and rural development.
Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme Details in Highlights
|Scheme Name||Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana|
|Initiated by||Government of Maharashtra|
|Beneficiary||The farmers of the Maharashtra state|
|Objective||to give farmers a reliable source of water|
|Benefits||Farmers’ bank accounts will be credited with the subsidy needed to build ponds.|
|Total Budget||204 crore Rupees|
|Financial Assistance||Rupees 50,000|
|Number of Ponds||51,369|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Official Website||Aaple Sarkar|
Maharashtra Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana Objective
The Maharashtra Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana has been introduced with a primary objective of addressing the persistent challenges faced by farmers in obtaining an adequate water supply for their agricultural activities. Prior to the implementation of this program, farmers struggled with water scarcity, hindering their ability to effectively cultivate their lands. In response to this pressing issue, the Maharashtra government has taken the initiative to introduce the Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme.
Under this scheme, qualifying farmers will receive vital financial support amounting to Rs. 50,000 to facilitate the construction of approximately 51,369 farm ponds. The core goal of this program is to ensure that farmers have access to a reliable and continuous water source, allowing them to cultivate their lands throughout the year. By providing farmers with the means to build ponds on their farmlands, the government aims to mitigate the challenges posed by water scarcity, thereby granting farmers more time and opportunities to focus on agricultural activities without being hindered by water-related concerns. The Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana is thus designed to empower farmers, enhance agricultural productivity, and promote sustainable water management practices across the state of Maharashtra.
Benefits of Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana
- The scheme provides crucial financial aid to farmers, enabling them to construct ponds on their farmlands and improve their irrigation capabilities.
- Every farmer in the state is eligible to receive Rs. 50,000, ensuring equal access to benefits regardless of their socio-economic background or landholding size.
- Beneficiaries receive the financial assistance directly into their bank accounts, ensuring prompt support for pond construction.
- With the construction of approximately 51,369 ponds, the scheme has the potential to significantly boost water availability and agricultural productivity across the state.
- The major advantage of the Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana is the establishment of a reliable water supply, enabling farmers to access water around-the-clock for their farming needs.
- The applicant must be a resident of Maharashtra, as the scheme is specifically aimed at benefiting farmers within the state.
- Only independent farmers who possess their own agricultural land are eligible to apply for the scheme. Tenants or farmers with leased land may not be eligible.
- The applicant’s farmland should have a minimum size of 0.60 hectares (1.48 acres) to be eligible for participation in the Magel Tyala Shettale Yojana.
- The farmer must have sufficient space and resources to create or collect water in the constructed pond. This is to ensure that the pond can effectively serve as a reliable water source for agricultural purposes.
- Passport-size photos of the farmer
- Farmer’s Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Mobile number
- Bank account linked with Aadhar card
- Resident certificate
- Annual income certificate
- Land paper
- BPL card
- Agreement letter
- Caste certificate
Apply for the Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme online
- Visit the official website of the Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme
- On the homepage, locate and click on the “Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme” link.
- A new page will open, displaying various options. Click on the “Application for Farm” option.
- You will be directed to the login page. Enter your User ID, Password, and the Captcha Code provided.
- Click on the “Login” button to access your account.
- Once logged in, you will find the registration form. Fill in all the required details accurately in the form.
- Ensure you provide all necessary information as requested.
- Next, upload all the required documents to support your application.
- Carefully review all the information provided to avoid any errors.
- After confirming the accuracy of your details and documents, click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
Steps to Apply for Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme Offline
- Begin the application process by visiting the nearest Panchayat or Taluka office, where the Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme is being implemented.
- Approach the concerned officials at the office and request the Magel Tyala Shettale Scheme Registration Form. They will provide you with the necessary form.
- Carefully fill out the registration form with accurate and complete information. Ensure that you provide all the necessary details as per the instructions provided in the form.
- Gather all the necessary documents required to support your application. These documents may vary depending on the specific requirements of the scheme, but typically include proof of identity, residence, income, and any other documents specified in the form.
- Before submission, double-check the filled form and attached documents to ensure everything is in order and there are no errors or missing information.
- Once you have filled the form and gathered all the required documents, submit the application to the designated officials at the Panchayat or Taluka office. They will review your application and documents.
- After submission, inquire about the process and any updates regarding your application. The officials will guide you further on the status and any additional steps if necessary.