Kerala KFON Scheme – The chief minister of Kerala has officially launched a new scheme called Kerala KFON scheme. KFON stands for Kerala Fibre Optical Network scheme. This scheme is introduced by Pinarayi Vijayan-led Kerala government on 5th June. Last week, the Kerala government announced that it will launch a scheme called Kerala Fibre Optical Network (KFON) to provide free internet to 20 lakh Below poverty line (BPL) families. 100 MBPS offering with the 5,000 GB data available for Rs. 599/- per month. And for 250 MBPS offering with the available of 5,000 GB data for Rs. 1,249/- per month. It aims to provide 40 lakh network connection. The government has stated that 75 lakh households in Kerala can be benefited from KFON connection.
The chief minister of Kerala has introduced KFON scheme to provide free secure internet connection to economically weak families in Kerala. This KFON scheme was started 5th June 2023 on Monday by the CM of Kerala. Government aims to provide this free high-speed internet connect to 20 lakh below the poverty line families. The cable is installed through KSEBs transmission line infrastructure. The primary purpose of internet is to facilitating knowledge, learning and sharing of information.
Details of Kerala Fibre Optical Network Scheme
|Scheme Name||Kerala KFON Scheme|
|Full Name||Kerala Fibre Optical Network (KFON)|
|Introduced by||Government of Kerala|
|Introduced on||Monday, June 5 2023|
|Benefits||high-speed broadband internet access to every home and government building|
Objectives of this scheme
Kerala has becoming the first Indian state with its own internet service. Its primary objective is to provide a secure and high-speed free internet connection to 20 lakh backward families of Kerala. KFON was initiated by the government of Kerala to provide high speed internet connection to the people and government officials.
Benefits of this scheme
- More than 20 lakh families are expected to provide internet according to the project.
- At the cost of Rs. 1,500 crore a 35,000 km optical fibre network would be built throughout the state.
- The main goal is to give 20 lakh individuals free access to internet.
- Te government plans to connect 14,000 BPL families and 30,000 government offices in the first stage of KFON.
- Internet speeds from 10 mbps to 10 Gbps are promised by KFON.
- Cell phone call would become of higher quality.
- The applicant must be the resident of the state Kerala.
- Citizens of all category are eligible to take advantages from this scheme.
Online application producer
- Firstly, go to the official website of KFON scheme.
- The homepage will be appear on your device.
- Click on “click here for register” link.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Three option will be appear, under the apply online option:
- Retail Enquiry
- Select one of the given options as per requirement.
- After that, application form will appear on your screen.
- Fill the form with all the required information.
- Lastly, click on submit button and you are done.