The Drishti Sansthan has launched the Drishti IAS Asmita Scholarship Program on February 7, 2022, with the aim of improving the declining performance of students who appeared for the Civil Service Examination in Hindi medium. This initiative has been designed to support those preparing for the Civil Service Examination and provides comprehensive details about the Asmita Scholarship including its objectives, eligibility criteria, advantages, necessary documents, and the registration process. This article serves as a vital resource for candidates seeking to enhance their preparation for the Civil Service Examination.
Asmita Scholarship 2023
Introducing the Asmita Scholarship 2023 by Drishti Sansthan, a proactive measure to combat the declining performance trend observed among students taking the Civil Services Examination in Hindi. Our commitment extends to providing support in every feasible way. In pursuit of this mission, the Drishti Sansthan has initiated a complimentary IAS coaching program with a primary focus on mitigating language-related challenges.
This initiative aims to bridge the language gap and assist aspirants preparing for the Civil Services Examination in both Hindi and English languages. Recognizing the disparity in performance between Hindi and English medium students in civil service exams, we envision this scholarship as a guiding light, steering candidates towards success.
The Asmita Scholarship Scheme is exclusively tailored for individuals belonging to economically disadvantaged segments, including scheduled castes, tribes, other backward classes, minorities with disabilities, and deserving men and women. Drishti Sansthan is dedicated to leveling the playing field and empowering these aspirants on their journey to passing the civil service test.
Overview of Asmita Scholarship 2023
|Name of the Scholarship||Asmita Scholarship 2023|
|Name of Institute||Drishti IAS|
|Scholarship By||UPSC CSE/PCS Aspirants|
|Beneficiary||Those studying for the IAS test|
|Objective||To provide free coaching class|
Objective of Asmita Scholarship 2023
The Asmita Scholarship 2023 has a clear and focused objective: to offer substantial assistance to deserving candidates exclusively opting for the Civil Services Examination in Hindi medium. The core intention is to ensure that language barriers do not impede their progress and that their confidence remains intact throughout the preparation process in Hindi. It’s important to note that the Asmita Yojana is not geared towards augmenting the representation of any specific caste or community. Instead, its primary emphasis lies in strengthening the involvement of Hindi-speaking society, fostering a sense of empowerment and active participation.
Benefits of Asmita Scholarship 2023
- Drishti Sansthan will meticulously choose 50 candidates each year to partake in the scholarship program.
- Exclusively catering to those applicants who have opted for Hindi as their medium of preparation for the Civil Services Examination.
- Chosen candidates will receive a comprehensive support package, encompassing coaching, courses, study materials, test series, library access, as well as provisions for food and accommodation. This assistance will span a duration of one to two years.
- Exceptional candidates may also be granted access to a mentoring program, which will supplement the 50 individuals selected by the Department of Vision Institute.
- The institute is committed to prioritizing candidates from underprivileged social backgrounds. This inclusivity extends to minorities, economically disadvantaged individuals, Scheduled Castes, Tribes, differently-abled individuals, and other backward classes, ensuring equal coverage under the scheme.
- Drishti Sansthan aims to ensure adequate representation for underprivileged groups that do not benefit from reservation in the Civil Services Examination.
Applicants must be citizens of India.
- The candidate’s age, as of the first day of August 2022, should not exceed the following maximum age limits:
- General/EWS Category: 30 years
- OBC Category: 33 years
- SC/ST Category: 35 years
- PwBD/PH Category: 37 years
- The applicant should have completed at least one preparatory examination for either the UPSC Civil Service Examination or the Civil Service Examination conducted by a State Public Service Commission.
- The candidate must have a minimum of two remaining attempts to appear for the UPSC Civil Service Examination.
- The applicant must not be currently employed by either a public or private company.
- Candidates currently not receiving a scholarship of ₹5,000 or more per month from any central, state, or other institution are eligible to apply.
- Special consideration will be given to the following groups throughout the selection process:
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Divyang (Differently-abled individuals)
- Minorities and other disadvantaged groups
- The Asmita Scholarship 2023 is designed to provide equal opportunities to a diverse range of candidates while prioritizing individuals from underrepresented and disadvantaged backgrounds.
Drishti IAS Asmita Exam Pattern
- Two papers on the same day, each lasting two hours.
- Paper 1: General Studies, 100 questions, 2 marks per correct answer. 0.67 point deduction for each incorrect response.
- Paper 2: CSAT, 80 questions, 2.5 marks per correct answer. 0.83 point deduction for each incorrect response.
- Test centers: Delhi, Prayagraj, Lucknow, Jaipur, Bhopal, Raipur, Patna, Ranchi, Dehradun, Shimla, and Chandigarh.
- Similar format to the UPSC CSE preliminary exam.
- About 500 candidates selected based on preliminary exam performance.
- Test centers: Delhi, Prayagraj, Jaipur, Bhopal, and Patna.
- Three-hour duration for each of the three papers.
- Paper 1: 250-point essay, two-hour time limit.
- Paper 2: General English, 100 points, one-hour time limit.
- Paper 3: General Studies, 20 questions covering various topics, three-hour time limit.
- General English paper reviewed first.
- Top 125 candidates out of 500 selected for interview.
- Interview location: Delhi.
- Interview duration: Approximately one hour.
- Interview carries 200 points.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Card
- 10th class certificate
- Scanned signature
- 12th class marksheet
- Graduation exam marksheet
- Proof of reservation
- Proof of passing the Preliminary Examination for Central or State Level Civil Services.
- Evidence of participation in Main Examination or Interview for State or Central Civil Services.
Apply for the Drishti IAS Asmita Scholarship 2023, follow these steps
- Visit the official website of Drishti IAS Asmita.
- On the homepage click on the Register option.
- Complete the registration process by submitting the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Choose the Asmita Scholarship scheme 2023-2024 from the available options.
- The application form will appear on your screen. Fill in all the required details.
- Upload all the necessary documents as specified.
- Once you have filled in the form and uploaded the documents, click on Apply Now to submit your application.
- Pay the examination fee of Rs. 500 (including GST) online.
- After payment make sure to print out your application form and payment receipt for your records.
- By following these steps you can successfully apply for the Drishti IAS Asmita Scholarship 2023 and complete the application process.